Thursday, February 4, 2010

a new adventure

I recently started a new adventure teaching after school art classes twice a week at my kids elementary school. It has been time consuming and kind of hectic trying to work one more thing into our schedule. But all in all it is a fun experience. I love teaching and I love getting to know the kids better.
Here is the flier I sent out - I was hoping to have about 10 kids per class...ended up with over 20 in each. It makes for a crazy hour and a half, but I was so thrilled that so many kids were interested. Right now I'm teaching K-1st, which is fun because Lia and Jax come to the class. I can't wait to get into some projects with the older kids too when their class rolls around (you know a bit longer attention span). :)

the floor has looked a little like this.. ..and this
good times

7 comments:

Nat said...

$5- seriously!?! can i take a distance learning class? those kids are scoring. you are such a beautiful artist. they will be learning from the best. i just said to jena today,"i am saving this big bare wall in my kitchen for when i can afford two kelly king art pieces".

Book Girl said...

I agree with Nat- what a deal...

Kathleen Mangum said...

Seriously. I'd say you need to charge at least $10, and even that is a steal. I'm paying $12 for 4 weeks of park and rec art class. I think you need to up the price. How fun.

Happy-Hardings said...

You are amazing! I want to take a class from you again someday.

Unknown said...

Wow, cool stuff K, it takes me back about 20 years or so. Keep it up we need more art in the world.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, that last comment was from me, Paul Winchester, I am using my father in-laws computer in St. George. Sorry Iam on the freek show this morning.

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Oh I wish my kids could take lessons from you! They would LOVE it. You're amazing.