Tuesday, April 20, 2010

so proud of my students..

i have a tons of pictures from art classes at the elementary school - and i will hopefully be posting them on the art blog shortly. at the moment i'm posting a couple of pictures here just for fun -
these are the group projects from the 2/3rd grade class and the 4/5th grade class.
i was thrilled with the results - the kids did a GREAT job! :)

our inspiration....Van Gogh's starry night
i cut up a copy of the painting and each student was responsible for taking one piece and recreating their piece on a larger piece of card stock.
then we put all of their paintings together and.....
this is what they came up with :)
before we started we discussed the way van gogh moves his paint on the canvas/paper - i was especially tickled with the movement they were able to capture in their version.

and on to 4/5th grade
our inspiration - Georges Seurat
the 4/5th grade version (in oil pastel)
Hooray! Good Work Kids!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! They did a great job. (must be the teacher......:) )
Cutting up the picture and having them do their own little part is such a cool idea!

Book Girl said...

When I think about how young your students are I'm blown away. Great job kids! I agree with Andrea it could have something to do with their teacher.

april said...

Absolutely love them! That was awesome - you are doing such a great job. They are so lucky to have you.

laurie coleman photography said...

Ooooo . . . I love them recreated! They look great!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics Kelly. The pictures you picked to have your students are two of my favorites, Great job, great kids.

thehalvs said...

What can I say? Those are very, very, very cool.