Monday, March 21, 2011

see that Army and their Salvation band

We signed up to ring the Salvation Army bell for family night the 1st week of December. I have always wanted to volunteer, but it seems like December gets busy and then I forget to sign up. This year I remember and we were excited. We had a 2 hour time slot in front of the Neenah Shopko. Ty brought along his guitar and played some holiday tunes for the shoppers. The kids seemed to enjoy ringing the bells..and only fought a little bit about whose bell had the better sounding ring. Between the guitar music and the children we had a very full bucket by the end of he night. The hope is that the kids learned a little bit about giving at a time of year that seems to be increasingly selfish. It was a chilly Wisconsin evening so we stopped at Starbucks for donuts and hot chocolate on our way home. Here are some pictures of our night.


my cute hubby...do you love that he is rockin' a Santa hat as he plays.

he has a such a good heart...i love him






No comments: