Saturday, August 18, 2007

Welcome Maggie Lynn

We had the great blessing of adding another member to our crazy family on April 25th, 2007. Maggie Lynn King - 7 pounds, 6 ounces. It was a Wednesday morning. Kelly's mom, Lynn (yes - that's where Maggie's middle name comes from), flew here to Wisconsin a few days prior to help with Lia and Jaxon. There is really nothing like experience the birth of your own child. It was amazing. Kelly and I arrived at the hospital at 7:00 that morning, Kelly had the epidurhal a few hours later, and Maggie was born around 11:30. Kelly has been lucky in that way - never having too hard of a time with the labor and delivery. Maggie was born with a lot of dark hair, similar to Lily's hair when she was born. I can't believe it's been nearly 4 months now since she was born. They grow so quickly in the first few years, it's always astounding to me. When I sit down to think about it, I'm amazed that we have had 4 children (3 with us - since Lily passed away), and that they are as old and as big as they are. I guess that's life. Before you know it, I'm sure I'll be old - then dead - then completely forgotten. I just hope I'm a good enough Dad to somehow raise kids who make the world a better place. Anyway, enough of me ranting. I don't think anybody really reads this blog anyway. It's more of a place for me to write down my thoughts without really having to "write." Honestly, who writes with a paper and pen these days?




No comments: