Friday, July 3, 2009

building some bears

We made a stop at Build A Bear the other day.
This is a rare occurrence of course because I am usually the type of mother that walks past the Build A Bear store front as fast as humanly possible muttering something about
..."not today, everyone keep moving....".
I thought it would be a fun to surprise the kids and stop for once. Plus we needed an indoor activity because it was hot out and Jaxon gets pretty exhausted when he's out in the heat. Maggie had never been before...she was loving it of course. She was so proud that she put a heart in her puppy.
She told Ty as soon as he walked in the door from work..."Daddy, I putted a heart in there."
Here are some photos of us building our new friends. Lia worked the stuffing machine for all three animals, because Jax and Maggie didn't care for the noise it made.

Here's Jax covering the ears
Here's Maggie holding her puppy's heart in her hands

giving the critters a wash
and we're off -
all the kids chose to make a puppy

Lia named hers "Beautiful" Jax named his "Puppy" ( so creative)

and Maggie named hers "Sweetie"
look at her face...oh the excitement

headed to lunch...Maggie carried her box the entire way, she would hear nothing of me helping

and tucked in that evening they were still hanging on to them

So...yes a got a bit ripped off.
But we made it through another summer day!:)


5 comments:

Book Girl said...

Love these pictures of the kids, they look so pleased with their stuffed animals - dogs right? Thanks for including the ones of them in bed- so tender. You are in our prayers constantly. Love you, Mom

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

So fun...and much eaiser than real pets, I wonder if I can trade in one dog and a couple of frogs for the stuffed kind?? Think the kids will go for it?? :) Love the pics, love you guys. Thinking of you.

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Oh, by the way...I have some shirts in the works. Hoping to get them in the mail this week...if all goes well :)

GRITS said...

I love the pictures of the puppies getting snuggled in bed! So cute! What a fun mom you are! :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!!
That box is as big as Maggie. ha ha! That made me laugh pretty dang hard. :)