Sunday, July 26, 2009

weekend in Chicago

After we picked Lia up in Indiana we decided to stay in Chicago for the rest of the weekend before going home. We had a wonderful time hanging out together.
Chicago is such a great city - I hope we get to visit again soon.

Jaxon and Maggie playing light sabers with their push pops in the car. They are even the appropriate colors...how fun.

Maggie was all about jumping on the hotel beds
- she was mostly excited to be out of the car I'm sure!
Lia and Jaxon were thrilled that the hotel gave us "free paper".
You have to love kids! Here they are drawing on it.
here they are finally settled in
- watching spongebob...not a show they get to watch at home so they were thrilled.
I'm not really a fan of this picture of myself, but I love it of Lia...so I include it
some hotel swimming
Maggie wouldn't let Lia out of her sight all weekend, she was so happy to see her. So Sweet.
Jaxon felt great all weekend - Yay! Here he is playing with Ty.
Ty may not be thrilled that I am including this picture (due to the awesome farmer tan).
I like it though.. two of the cutest boys I know.
we took the kids to the Lincoln Park Zoo. it was insanely crowded...but very fun



that Popsicle is supposed to look like Dora...I think it may have melted a bit at some point
there are entertainers all over the place in the zoo - the kids especially liked this juggler
the girls :)
this grassy area is just outside the zoo - i thought it made for some cool pictures with the buildings in the background

all tuckered our after a fun weekend

4 comments:

Book Girl said...

Looks like good times and you got some great photos. Thanks for sharing. So excited to see those cute faces!

Anonymous said...

You have to love hotels!! Its the one place where you don't care what they do. If they jump off the walls, its all good. :)

I LOVE the picture of Lia in the water. The water looks awesome!!

That is so sweet that Maggie missed her sister so much. :)

Q said...

That's great you made a little vacation of it. Those are some cute pictures. Glad to hear Jax was feeling well for the fun.

april said...

We so love Chicago too! Sounds like a great weekend.