I had the opportunity to go visit my mom and dad last week. It was such fun to hang out with them. As most of you know my dad is currently undergoing cancer treatments (hence the new bald look). He is at a point where he is able to have visitors - so I was thrilled to go and spend the weekend at their home. We watched movies, played cards, played some scrabble (my dad beat me soundly, seriously you do not want to play scrabble with my parents - they are both wickedly good) made yummy food and visited. My sister and family were actually in town for Gary's sister Maren's funeral, so we got to attend the funeral and visit with them one day as well.
Thanks so much for an awesome time mom and dad, I only wish it could have lasted longer.
I love you both so very much.
* a small side note: I want to take a moment to give a shout out to my ridiculously nice husband who has let me fly home to Utah 4 times without him this year. He has willingly taken all his extra vacation to watch the kids while I have flown home on several different occasions.
Thanks so much honey - you are the greatest.
Me and my cute dad
and us yet again...do you like the Green Bay beanie? - a gift from Tyler and I
a few photos of some of my sisters kiddosAnnie Grace
We made sugar cookies with the kids - here's Ethan showing off his handy work
Lauren - isn't that the cutest Santa cookie, she did a great jobHere I am painting my mom's front window. We should have taken the picture from a bit further back so you could appreciate how high up it is. Anyway it was a fun way to add some holiday cheer to their house. I used to paint it all the time when I lived at home, so it was just like old times. And just like old times my dad reminded me about four thousand times to be careful up there. Once a parent always a parent...right?
A couple of our favorite bald men!
I'm sure Gary would like to have you believe that he is an ultra supportive son in law and shaved his head in support of Steve.
I assure you however that with Gar it was a pre existing condition! :)




I was also able to run over to Tyler's parents house one evening and attend their annual Christmas party. Here's a picture of some of our cute nieces and nephews. Such cuties.
2 comments:
Glad you got to visit your family. You do have an awesome husband; nice job Ty!
First of all- I CAN appreciate how high that window is!! And I can't believe they let you even get up there!! Be careful Kell!!
Second, I've always loved that head of hair your dad has had since I can remember (the guy has looked the exact same for the last 50 years!!) but I must say, I am taking to this bald thing...HANDSOME :)
Lastly, so glad you got to be home a bit during the Holidays and have a little of the "old times" with the fam.
Have a merry one!
Miss you!!
Post a Comment