We were thrilled to have some of the King family join us for Thanksgiving this year. Jim, Kathy and Kiley arrived the Wednesday before Thanksgiving , Kiley had never been to our house before, it was great to have her visit. We realize it's a long trip, and we always appreciate it when we have visitors. We prepared Thanksgiving dinner together on Thursday - thanks Kathy for the awesome homemade rolls and dressing - so YUMMY! I was excited to have babysitters so I could drag Tyler our at 3:30 in the morning on Friday for a bit of shopping...however it was not to be. Thanksgiving night Maggie and I started throwing up...and the stomach flu made its way through the entire family (yes even our guests) by the time the vacation was over. Friday we drove down to Milwaukee to watch Katie play in a basketball tournament at Marquette. We did manage to do a bit of shopping at the outlets on our way. Kiley was an awesome help - she let Lia shop with her and let her play with her cell phone the entire drive down. You should see Lia text, after a few lessons from her cool aunts she is quite the pro.We stayed in a great hotel with an indoor water park in the middle, the kids LOVED it, I think we managed to go swimming at least five times in our short stay. Despite all the puking we managed to have a great time hanging out together, swimming and watching basketball.
We even made it out to dinner all together the last night and everyone was actually feeling better! YEAH!
Thanks for a great trip Kings we love and miss you.
For some reason I didn't get the camera out very much on the trip, I took pics of Katie after a game, and swimming - and I have none of anyone else. Kiley took some on her phone perhaps I will have to have her send them to me...
here are some pics - in no particular order
kiley and lia say cheese
kids and kate
water slide action
warming up in the hot tub
middle of the hotel
katie in action
air maggie
















No comments:
Post a Comment