Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter FUNtivities

We had a great EASTER weekend this year -

here is a rundown of what went on ...

1. The kids brought home cute Easter decor. I wish I could keep everything they bring home, but our house we soon be overrun with construction paper creations. So I thought putting photos on the blog would be a nice way to remember some of the things they made when they were young.

Here's their handiwork..



2. Lia, Jax and I dyed some eggs...always a good time :)


3. We stuffed some plastic eggs for our Easter egg hunt
4. Made traditional Easter treats :)

5. Saturday morning the Easter bunny found us
and much to their delight the kids ate mostly chocolate for breakfast
6. We had friends over for a party/egg hunt :)
I made this game for the party but it was a bit to crazy with all the little ones running around to play...mostly my kids had fun wearing the bow ties around being silly
7. Sunday we ate some empty tomb rolls - a great Sunday morning tradition, thanks Jenn for the great idea
8. The kids got dressed in their Easter clothes and smiled for the camera on the way to church...because mom said so.
Ty made fun of me taking the cheesy walking and holding hands photo...what can I say?!






9. Sunday evening we had a wonderful dinner at our friends home - thank you to all who came for your yummy food and good company...and especially to Jason and April for being such wonderful hosts.

(and to the children for playing downstairs for four hours while the adults chatted...wahoo!)


10. Amidst all the festivities we were mostly thankful for the real reason we have Easter and the chance to reflect on the love of our Savior at this blessed time of year.

We hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so darn creative!! All the Easter stuff was adorable!
And I must say that the "walk and holding hands" picture is NOT cheesy. I think they look ADORABLE!!

Book Girl said...

Once again thanks for the photos, As grandparents living far away you can't post too many pictures. What beautiful children - looks like you had a great Easter. We miss you all! G. Lynn

Kathleen Mangum said...

Thanks for the fun Easter party. Lena loved it!

Lacey said...

Kell! I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. Everything you did was so cute. I'm curious...what are empty tomb rolls? Just wondering. :) Have a great day!

Jason said...

It was great having you guys over on Easter. And thanks again for the egg hunt!

laurie coleman photography said...

so fun & cute!!!!

thehalvs said...

I can't believe how cute you are. What a mommy. Adorable Easter kids. They are seriously so big. My kids are going to have stop calling her 'baby Maggie' at some point.