Saturday, April 25, 2009

ty's b-day

Ty celebrated his 29th b-day on the 19th. I asked him if he wanted to have people over for dinner or a party, to which his response was "for my birthday?".
He's not really one for having a fuss made over him.
Needless to say we opted for a smaller celebration.
His birthday was on Sunday so we started the day with breakfast together and then church.
In the evening I made him dinner and a pumpkin pie
(he's not a huge fan of cake -birthday pie was his request).

The kids made dad some b-day treats out of play-doh
we lit some candles and sang to dad you'll notice that the pie is covered in whip cream, and may actually look edible -
but I assure you this is not the case
tyler and I had a bit of a miscommunication about taking the pie out of the oven and managed to overcook the poor thing by about 40 minutes...can we say crispy??
so the birthday pie held up the candles....that's about it, not so good for eating :(

so instead everyone just sprayed the reddi-whip straight into the mouth
..nothing wrong with that

and if I can embarrass him for just a minute..
I will be the first to admit that not all decisions I have made in my life have been winners, but when I chose to marry Tyler - I got that one right. He is truly one of the kindest, most patient, hardest working people I have ever met.
I'm so grateful that he was born 29 yrs. ago and that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.
Happy B-day babe - love you :)

5 comments:

Book Girl said...

I concur with the great choice by Kelly - Happy B. Day Tyler. The reddi-whip reminds me of Miss Audrey - really not my thing but I might be in the minority. Love you - Lynn

april said...

Looks like fun! Gotta do the party next year though for the big 3-0 :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with April. PARTY NEXT YEAR!!!!
Looks like you had fun though. :)

thehalvs said...

Growing up I was a somewhat protective older sister. Mom and dad used to say it's a miracle Kelly ever learned to walk, because I never let her fall down. All I have to say is that ever since Kelly married Ty I've stopped worrying about her. She's got someone better than me than taking care of her now.

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy tY!! I must agree with Kel, gReaT chOiCe!! Sorry about the pie, but reddi whip straight up is always a good alternative:) Hope it was a happy one.

P.S. thought you might be intrested to know that I've sold a few monogrammed tees this week ;) You crack me up!!