Monday, July 20, 2015

over the weekend

 to recap the weekend.... 

I've been drinking smoothies every morning...you know trying to up the fruit intake.  My efforts did not keep me from getting Lia's cold - boo.  So - I feel gross, but life continues.

 This cute pic of Lia in the backyard is a bit of a flashback to my adolescent years....I spent quite a bit of time in my mom and dad's driveway painting posters,  backdrops  etc. for school and church activities.  Here Lia is painting a giant skull on a sheet for their girls camp skit! Awesome! 

 Lia continues to hone her braiding skills - and I'm loving it! 

 Friday Tyler worked a half day.  When he got home we took the family to the Chalk on the Town festival in downtown Appleton and then our for ice cream.  I'm pretty sure I enjoyed this activity more than anyone else.  The kids gave me a good word as we walked around to the different artists drawing on College Avenue...stating they were quite sure if I had entered the contest I would have one....perhaps next year?  I appreciate the vote of confidence anyway! 





 Love these people....so very much! :)

1 comment:

Lynn T. said...

Lia's braiding skills rock! Glad she is developing that skill. I agree with the kids you should enter the chalk drawing contest!