Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sick Kids...in the middle of summer :(


Lia got sick on our trip last week...and her cough and congestion are really hanging on. Being sick in the middle of summer is a total bummer.  Last night Jaxon went to bed at 7pm with a bit of a fever as well.  So.. we are really not very exciting people at the moment - just trying to rest up and get everyone well SOON.  Lia has girls camp next week and is already worried that she won't be well by Monday.  This is her first year of camp and she is so excited - so hopefully by Monday she will be feeling ready to go! :)    Lia has a really crumby appetite when she is sick - so I attempted to make a fun dinner last night.  My mom's Sloppy Joe's, fruit salad, chips, punch and homemade fudgesicles for dessert.   I  thought the kids would love it ...but due to everyone being a bit under the weather I think Tyler was the only one who was impressed! :)


\
well...ok Maggie did like dessert :)

I love making Popsicles in these molds I bought a few years ago.  This morning we made some raspberry/banana ones for later today....so yummy!

 * a small side note* - Yesterday Tyler and I went to the baptism of a cute 9 yr old named Noah.  Noah's grandparents were here for the baptism, and had come all the way from Mexico.  Tyler conducted the baptism in both English and Spanish so the grandparents could understand what he was saying.  I thought he did a great job...it seemed to me that it would be awfully difficult to flip flop back and forth the whole time - but he did great! Way to go Ty - you're pretty cool! :)

No comments: