Last Thursday we made our weekly trip to the outdoor concert downtown (this time the water fountain was on= happy kids). I got the kids ready and then spent some time making lunches and gathering towels before we left. While waiting for me Lia and Jax decided it would be fun to slide down the stairs on Lia's kick board. I just made me laugh, they got going pretty fast by the time they reached the bottom! Good times! :) 
9 comments:
Ahhh... Cute! What fun stairs can bring to a child. I vaguely recall doing that with our sleeping bags as well as being completely weird and doing that strange thing with our sweat pants. Please tell me you remember this. We were crazy kids.
I love that children are so creative! What great photos of the the the King kids. I just have to say hello to Katie! I can hardly remember when you were two were so young - the mind is going. Love to you all, G. Lynn
You are so good at taking your kids to do such fun stuff! I need to be braver and get us all out of the house more.
So this will be a post that I will NOT be sharing with my children. I can just picture it now...Coop on his belly sliding head first down the stairs, with Cannon sitting on top of him using him as the kick board. I'll leave this idea unexposed for the time being, thank you very much. Seems I remember a simialr story, involving Casey and his brothers, a sled and the basement stairs. Kids. Where do they come up with these things? Better yet, how do they survive the things they come up with?
Weird thing with the sweat pants? Do tell!
- Stac
Kelly,
I found your blog messing around on links from friends of mine and there you are. Looks like life is good. I will check in on your blog now and again.
Angie Jensen
http://our4sheep.blogspot.com
Hello (again). I have sent an email, but thought I might have a better chance of catching you here??? I'm looking for a current address...hoping you can help me out with that :) B-day invites. Excited to see you, veRy sOOn!!
- Stac
Yep, great times! Back in my day we had sleeping bags (very slippery!) and a hard floor at the bottom. For a real good time, put the dog in the sleeping bag, too.
For an even better time, trap your little brother in the bottom of the sleeping bag, punch randomly at him with all your might while singing 'Amoeba killer, amoeba killer' This is Gary's story, not mine, but it seemed appropriate. He was the kid in the sleeping bag. Now Stacie really won't let her kids see this one!
Can we come with you the concert in the park? Too bad we're always out of town at different times.
Post a Comment