This past week I spent a large part of my time organizing meals for the teachers at Lia's school during parent teacher conferences. I went to the first PTA meeting of the year thinking I could probably help in some small way. As soon as I sat down they asked me my name and what committee I wanted to chair this year!? Not exactly what I was expecting, but "Teacher Appreciation would be good..I guess" somehow came out of my mouth and next thing you know - I'm in charge! :) So this past week we fed the teachers - all in all it went well, no major catastrophes. The only small hiccup occurred Thursday morning when we had an alarm malfunction at the King household. We thought the alarm was set for 4:30am (early I know, but keep in mind I was supposed to be cooking 12 cinnamon rolls, 2 egg casseroles, 1 french toast casserole, and cut up two platters full of fruit by 7am). To make a long story short - for some reason the alarm never went off and both Tyler and I woke up at 6am. We had 1 hour...you should have seen the scramble. Somehow we managed to pull everything together - and get to the school by about 7:15.
Needless to say it was a long week, but the teachers were very appreciative.
Here are some pics of some of the things we made for them.
Here are some pics of some of the things we made for them.
lia helped me fashion this centerpiece made of school supplies



cute poems for each of the staff-
4 comments:
Looks like you did a great job! Don't you love volunteering - at least when it is all done. I'm sure the teachers appreciated the good food, poem and survival packets. Besides the boss lady now knows who you are. That can't be all bad. Somebody please send me a copy of Jenn's teacher poem. Love you all, G. Lynn xoxoxo
I will just say...yOu aRe aMaZiNG!! Cinnamon rolls, 3 casseroles, fruit (cut up even!!)...and in one hour...AmaZiNg!!
Oh, and thanks for the warning about the PTA...I might think twice before I sign up for that kind of crazy!!
You are just a little bit nuts do you know that? I think sometimes I am too, but without the crafty skills. I wonder where we get this from...hmmm...just take a peek back at the leaver of comment number one! Also, Stac has lots of room to talk!
I will post the teacher poem for you mom-
You are dedicated! I'm already planning on how to dodge major PTA responsibilities when the time comes . . . I'm sure I'll cave though. My sis-in-law Jill is always doing something at the school, which has prompted my planning. Love the cute centerpiece & handouts! You're always so creative!
Post a Comment