Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lily's Birthday

We celebrated Lily's Birthday this past Sunday. She would have been three years old this year. My mom was in town (which was great) we had a nice dinner and cake and ice cream Saturday night. My mom bought some gorgeous Lilies for the center of the table (thanks mom). It is a hard day in many ways but we were grateful to have some time to reflect upon our short time with our precious daughter.
It is amazing how much someone so tiny can change so many lives in just five days.
We love you Lily - you are in our thoughts always.

Here are some pictures of the kids decorating the cake.


flowers from grandma



Below is a slideshow of our angel.

10 comments:

Lacey said...

Kelly- what a sweet tribute. I am thinking of you and think you are AMAZING!

Jason said...

Happy Birthday to Lily... wish we could have met her. It looks like you all had a great time skiing and visiting- good for you! (April and I have never skiied (sp?), we'll have to try it sometime before we lose all agility).

Love Fam said...

That was the sweetest post! You have an amazing family and you and Tyler are amazing people, I got some major tears looking at the pictures, what a sweet little girl!!!! (ps my girls have the same HSM jammies, love it!)

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how those little spirits are still part of a family even though they can not be there in person.
She must have been a pretty special little girl. You guys have been blessed with many sweet children.

Book Girl said...

I am so glad I was there to help celebrate Lily's birthday. Your post is so sweet. Thanks for a great week, it went by too quickly. I miss you already, G. Lynn

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Happy Birthday Miss Lily!! It is amazing the power that little girl had, to touch as many as she did in the short time she was here. I feel blessed to have been able to meet her and am grateful for the spirit she has left with us.

We are thinking of you all and sweet Lily this week. Love you.

Stac

Melissa said...

The slide show was so touching! I am sure Lily is busy watching over you too!

laurie coleman photography said...

Beautiful! I love the slideshow. I've been thinking about Lily this week. you guys are amazing and I love ya!

L said...

Those pictures are so beautiful. Every picture is so gentle and sweet. She is just as precious and sweet as the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Kelly-you and your famliy are awesome. We had a great visit with your folks and your mom told me you saw my "dance"on Katie's face book. I cant belive you still remember it after all these years. You rock and Steve looks great sporting the Kojack locks. Paul.