I had the opportunity to fly home to do some skiing/celebrate my mom's b-day the first weekend in March. My sister Jenn (who lives in Washington) flew in for the weekend as well. No kiddos on this trip, it was just the four of us! It was so relaxing and nice, and as usual went by to quickly. Thanks mom and dad (and thanks ty and gary for watching the kids)- it was a great weekend!
The only crazy part of the trip was that we had a small blizzard the Thursday I flew out of Wisconsin and I got stuck in the Green Bay airport for what seemed like an eternity. I was supposed to leave Green Bay at 3:00 and didn't actually end up leaving until 9:30 due to weather delays. So I ended up rolling into Salt Lake at about 2:30 in the morning and getting to bed around 4am! :)
On Friday we slept in (due to the fact that we went to bed at 4 in the morning). Once we finally got up dad made us a yummy breakfast and we decided to take a trip to the Hill Air Force Base museum . My Dad loves airplanes and he wanted to see their exhibit about the Berlin Airlift - I didn't know much about this event...but it was actually really interesting.
Here we are on our way out the door.
we took this photo for my niece Audrey - i am trying to point out that "Audrey" is the name of the plane. It's a bit dark but if you look close you can see the name.

My dad was an Air Force pilot in his younger years - in this pic he is standing below the T-38.. one of the planes he used to fly.

cute parents

Friday evening after our museum excursion we went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill in Salt Lake,went back to my parents house, kicked it in our jammies and played Trivial Pursuit. All three of the girls against my dad, it's the only way we had a chance of winning! :)
Saturday Morning we went Skiing at Snowbasin.
Here are some photos of the fun.
Mom and Jenn gearing up..

stopping for a quick self portrait

the results of the photo shoot...trying to look hard core and not pulling it off
smiling for mom's camera
dad wasn't able to ski this year, but he came and met us for lunch. here he is soaking up some sunshine and mountain air (and sporting some packer pride as well I might add)
the girls
how cute is my mom in her lime green :)


funny story... I told my mom to take this picture because i thought the hill behind me would look steep and impressive - which did not work out because for some reason in the photo it ended up looking like the bunny hill. also I may have wanted to think through the fact that you can see the tracks I left in the snow climbing up to that point..
..i'm a geek
we lucked out and had a gorgeous day...so I took a few scenery pics


and to finish off a very long post..... my mother happens to own the same suit as Sarah Palin, jenn couldn't resist attempting the Palin look and snapping a few photos just for laughs :) 
3 comments:
What a fun trip! I'd love to go skiing with just my fam. Heck, I'd love to go skiing with anyone. You do have cute parents. It was fun to see you Mom this weekend. I can see where you get your great personality from - both your parents. Thanks for sharing your story with Lily. It made me cry.
I laughed pretty hard on the picture of the tracks you made up the hill. hilarious!!!!
Your mom is so cute!! That Sarah suit is a winner!! ;)
Fun family you got there!!
Loved every minute of the weekend. Many thanks to Tyler and Gary for watching the troops at home. Mom
Post a Comment