Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Kid?

Lia had the chance (thanks once again to Grandma and Grandpa) to try a bit of rock climbing while we were in Utah. I always laugh when I see her try things like this and wonder how she can possibly be my child!? She slipped a bit right at first and realized that even if she lost her footing Grandpa had things under control at the other end of the rope. Once she came to the conclusion that this was actually a rather safe activity she attacked the wall with full force and lOvED iT! She had a fabulous time and climbed over and over again until her knees were shaky! For a few days afterward she was telling everyone how much she liked it and there was nothing to worry about because, in her words "Grandpa had me if I fell!"
Up she goes!
Getting set to go. (I love this pic of her - how did she get to be so old already?)
Check out the height of that wall - Crazy!
Lia rolls her tongue and sticks it our whenever she is concentrating, we happened to capture it right here when she is getting ready.
A cute one of her and Grandpa Steve
It was so fun to watch you climb Lia - you are such a spunky soul!

1 comment:

Book Girl said...

Lia you just attacked this wall and seemed to have such a great time. Glad you figured out Grandpa had things under control. Love and miss you. G. Lynn