Monday, March 17, 2008

Getting ready for Easter...and other stuff

We went to an Easter Egg egg hunt at Lia's preschool this past Saturday. She attends a little Christian preschool here in our area. They had a program before the Easter egg hunt with some music and a short spiritual message. Here's cute Lia enjoying the singing! Lia's preschool teacher was the one performing at the time. She is a wonderful lady and Lia loves her very much. You can tell by the look on her face she was excited to see Mrs. Urban up on the stage.

The kids have been participating in an reading program sponsored by our local library. They are encouraging each child to read 1000 books before they enter kindergarten. As you can tell from the stack of books we checked out today we are doing our best to support the cause. Reading to the kids is one of my favorite things I get to do as a mom. We have such fun snuggled up reading together on COLD Wisconsin days! They have such amazing libraries here in our area, we will certainly miss them when it comes time to move!

We colored Easter eggs tonight for our family night activity. It's hard to tell who had more fun Tyler or Jax. I should point out that my son does actually own other outfits than the black and yellow Nike number. He does prefer to spend most of his life wearing it though - so don't be alarmed if it pops up yet again.

More Easter egg action!

Lia is highly serious about these sort of projects. Kind of reminds me of myself I must say.

Jaxon munching one of his eggs! I was just excited to see him eating something that didn't have chocolate in it! He has such a sweet tooth that one......I blame Tyler.

2 comments:

thehalvs said...

You rock. Your kids are darling. I can't wait to throw a bash for mom and dad. The Farmington Art center is gorgeous. Let me know if you want me to talk to Carla. I think we should ask them to play a little at the party. Maybe Audrey could get together with them before Christmas and learn a few songs to play with them. That would be a good surprise, eh?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.