So I must admit we have been fairly into American Idol this year. The broad appeal of this show never ceases to amaze me. We watch, my sister watches, my parents watch. I just got done visiting with my visiting teacher - she is about sixty years old and one of the most conservative people I know....but you guessed it, she watches. We spent almost twenty minutes dishing on Idol...Who do you like? Who can't you stand? Who will be the next to go? Who needs wardrobe help? ...the list goes on.
So, I thought I'd toss this out and see if apparently some of you have nothing better to do with your Tues. evenings.
Here are our thoughts:
Tyler - Pretty much just likes to rock out. If it's loud and includes an electric guitar you are in his good graces.
Kelly - I am an Archuleta fan myself.....I also think he and my niece Audrey should really get together.
Kelly - I am an Archuleta fan myself.....I also think he and my niece Audrey should really get together.
We'll hope she is still speaking to me after I post this. :)
Lia - She is a tried and true Carly fan. Do not mess with her on this, and do not tell her you don't care for Carly's tattoo. She does not want to hear it - that's her girl and she is standing by her!
Jaxon - Pretty much just doesn't like any of the girls - hopes that a guy takes it!
Maggie - Just happy to be part of the commotion. Causing an uproar when she changes the channel while chewing on the remote.
Here's the kids doing their best idol imitations.


7 comments:
Kelly, you are right about the appeal of American Idol. I will tell you that my husband is more of an American Idol fan than I have been and I am the singer in the family! But he has to have his American Idol every week, and he loves to critique it and each season he always guesses correctly who the winner will be----I joke that he should go and be a bigtime Hollywood agent. I myself am an Archuleta fan as is Jake, but he liked Michael Johns (so sad he got voted off) so he still doesn't know who will win it but we are betting on Archuleta, tell Audrey to go for it! We have even thought about buying tickets to the American Idol tour this summer--I know it's corney but we love it!Sorry for the long post, take care! :-)
As the mother of the now infamous Audrey, we will not just be thinking about getting Idol tour tickets. I think she will have my head if we don't get them when they come through town. My personal votes: I'm betting Archuletta takes it all, my favorite though is Brooke, her music is just my style, the wardrobe help vote has to go to Carly (sorry Lia!), there is no way Michael Johns should have been voted off this week, and Jimmy Kimmel's comment about Moses parting Simon's hair cracked me up even though I think he stole the idea from a Far Side comic.
If Archuletta wins and becomes as famous as I think he will be, watch for pillowcases, poster, and socks for my daughter. When she heard the story about him paying tithing on his Star Search winnings she was thoroughly convinced of his good guy status, and let's face it...the boy can sing.
haha this is audrey and as much as i do wish i could meet David Archuleta i really doubt thats ever going to happen!! But it was funny anyways. Sorry to lia but Im really not a fan of carly- I say that David A. has already won, but I also like Brooke and David Cook. I also liked Micheal Johns and I couldn't believe he got off before Kristy Lee Cook! neways, Bye for now!
-audrey
Kelly, Oh my gosh, It's Kresta Love, yes I found your blog through Coopers...I think. Your family is just adorable!! I love seeing all the pics! Hope you don't mind I just jumped on in here. I run in to your mom every now and then, but this will help keep me updated now! Looks like things are well with you and you are a fantastic mom!! We also are American Idol fans and love Archuleta and Brooke White, don't think she'll win, but love her style! Keep in touch- Kresta
Kelly! I was "blog surfing" and I happened upon yours. I am so glad I found it! You have such a beautiful family and I think Lia looks like a mini YOU :) As for Idol, I am afraid to say I haven't kept up on it this year. Shame on me. Definitely keep in touch :)
Oaky man so check it out--what I love about you--if I am going to be really honest with you--I love Idol as it has spanned three generations in our family and gives me a connection with my grandkids, is great water cooler converstation at work and about the only thing on T.V. that one can watch with the family. Audrey and David - well he would most likely be intimidated by Audrey's good looks and intelligence. Love the blogs and seeing my adorable grandchildren. Happy idol watching. G. Lynn
Kelly - I found your blog through Bonnie and Marc. It's so fun to see your family! Hope you are doing well!
Katie Barlow Kindred
Post a Comment